Thursday 27 November 2014

Upoading ChangeSet of Email templates and letter heads in salesforce!!

Hi Guys!!

Salesforce sometimes comes up  with very interesting scenarios . I don t know why it happens . but it should not never happen . Though it is bug or not . Sorry , You must be thinking what the hell am talking about . Ok lemme tell you.


If you are a administrator and working to create a change sets from one org to another org which are connected to each other. In that change sets you are about to send the email templates that you created that are HTML templates . then BEWARE!!!


Guys!
I ll share what all happened with me. Some of  you might not be surprised to know .

I got an issue while uploading a change set which contains two email templates . In the org in which I have created the email template i. is a HTML Email template with Letter Heads.

First, When I created a change set it just contained the Email templates without Letterheads. I uploaded it to a connected org which  does not have its associated Letter heads. I found that there is no letter heads found . Which is the obvious  case.  Also ,I didn get the letter heads field available.


Second, I uploaded another Change set to the connected org  which contains only letter heads which were associated with the Email templates which which I uploaded in last change set. Still I cant see letter heads field on email template I uploaded.  Although , Letter heads has been deployed. to this connected org. Also Letter heads was made available by checking the check box.


Third , When I uploaded the another change set with Email Templates and letter heads in one change set.  It is then Only I get Option to ad letter heads.


So, Make sure you upload theses components in same change set.

Thanks
Ankush

13 comments:

  1. Hello Ankush,

    I came over the same issue...tried to deploy Email Templates but they appear in the new environment as 'Custom' data type and without its letterhead.

    I tried uploading in the same changeset all the email templates and the letterhead...but same result.

    Am I missing something? Looking forward to an answer, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am getting same issue. All the templates are Custom even thuogh i have sent with letterheads in same changeset

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same person (Anonymous27 September 2019 at 16:18) :
    Check the field(picklist) being updated in using wf or process/ anything using debug log. Then for this field in contact/account/oppty uncheck the setting- Restrict picklist to the values defined in the value set.

    It will fix the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I solved it by deploying the templates via Workbench...they are uploaded with the original data type :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A letterhead, or letterheaded paper,[1] is the heading at the top of a sheet of letter paper (stationery).
    That heading usually consists of a name and anaddress,andalogo or corporate design,Letterhead Printers in Delhiand sometimes a
    background pattern. The term "letterhead" is often used to refer to the whole sheet imprinted with such
    a heading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..what a nice blog with us. With PrintMagic free design templates, designing a custom letterhead for your business is quite easy. Choose your size, paper stock, your choice of printed size, and the quantity! Voila! Your professional letterhead is ready! Post the order, share your design files with us and would do a free file check along with proof-reading for you, and share with you the final files before printing. This way assure high quality Custom Letterhead Printing in definite turnaround time.

    ReplyDelete

oAuth Use Case -  Headless API Explained in the Easiest way Wondering why? and When we use the Headless API flow Use case example: Imagine a...